Located near Russell Square Tube Station
Zencargo is the Digital Freight Forwarder on a mission to simplify international trade. Zencargo have built a digital platform which is the central place for teams to manage the end-to-end operations and get real-time visibility into the progress of shipments, enabling Business Leaders to make decisions based on accurate data and implement strategies in seconds that improve Supply Chain efficiency. Zencargo are backed by some of Europe’s leading Venture capital firms, Local Globe (Transferwise, Zoopla, Citymapper), Picus Capital (founded by Alex Samwer who co-founded Rocket Internet) and Samos Investments (Betfair, Ocado, Charlotte Tilbury).
The position will give the right candidate a fantastic opportunity to test themselves in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, develop upon their existing skills and learn what it takes to create a successful business.
Roles and responsibilities:
- • From your first day you will immerse yourself in the world of freight, learning how Zencargo provide our clients with a ‘best in class’ service and supporting our business units.
- • Starting in the Commercial Division you will be responsible for helping our Business Development Team manage their growing Sales Funnel. This will provide you with hands-on experience of how Zencargo approach new leads, understand their problem set and provide a solution that enables them to streamline the supply chain.
- • As you understand more about the business you will become confident at managing new clients, selling the Zencargo product and successfully building client relationships.
- • Like most start-ups, no two days will ever be the same. Life in a sales role can vary quickly depending on the priority of the funnel. But you don’t mind that because you’re able to juggle multiple tasks at once and are able to prioritise in line with your core objectives.
- • Each new hire will have also the added the chance to rotate across our core business units: Commercial, Operations and Engineering. This will enable you to explore your skillset further, understand what really motivates you and find the role that is perfect for you.
- • Work with the Sales Team to understand the Sales Funnel, where each client sits in the Funnel and apply our internal playbooks to win over clients.
- • Collaborate with our internal teams (Customer Success, Engineering, Operations and Marketing) to create new strategies that convince our audience and construct solutions to problems
- A quick learner – someone who takes learning in their stride and wants a steep learning curve.
- Good with numbers and analytics.
- A natural communicator – both written and spoken.
Personal qualities desired:
- Keen to get your hands dirty in all areas of an exciting company.
- A self-starter – you make stuff happen!
- An organised, hard worker.
- Five GCSE grades C – A* (or 4-9), including Maths and English
- Good knowledge of IT packages e.g Microsoft Office, Google Docs/Sheets etc.
Training to be provided:
- Training on the 18 month Standard Level 3 Business Administrator (BA3) apprenticeship.
- Being a WhiteHat apprentice means access to awesome social events, sports teams, insight/career days with other apprentices to grow your network, as well as your own personal Coach who will guide you through the qualification to help you achieve your full potential.
- As part of your WhiteHat Apprenticeship, you will have access to our Future Leaders Foundation modules to develop 6 key competencies, underpinned by well-being, self-awareness, motivation, conscientiousness, effectiveness and grit.
After your Business Administration apprenticeship progress into HR, Recruitment, Sales, Marketing & PR, Real Estate, Personal Assistant, Office Management, Business Management. Most of the above can be completed in a higher-level qualification.
Working hours 9am-6pm, Monday to Friday
Apprenticeship duration: 18 months