- Located near St Paul's Tube Station.
At Buzzacott we define ourselves by the needs of our clients. These needs range from those of nuns to those of hedge fund managers. The relationships we build are both personal and enduring. They are founded on continuity of personnel, ease of access and a depth of specialist knowledge that in certain key areas leads the industry.
This role requires being apart of a team dealing with a portfolio of clients, delivering a quality compliance and advisory service to both clients and Managers and identifying opportunities to cross sell the firm’s services.
Our team of approximately 50 people help US and UK citizens and businesses based away from home to manage
their net earnings and reduce liabilities. Consisting of dual qualified US/UK tax experts, 8 partners and strong
Roles and responsibilities:
1. Client and Servicer Care (45%)
• To act principally as a preparer of US and UK tax returns for a portfolio of expatriate tax clients within the Expat Team.
• To attend face to face meetings with clients and in certain cases to lead those meetings.
• To manage a portfolio of up to 150-180 clients, consulting managers and directors where applicable.
2. Delivering Exceptional Service Client Focus Trust:
• To be responsible for ensuring that filing deadlines are adhered to and advising clients of when tax liabilities are payable.
• To liaise with clients as necessary to further good relations and promote the firm’s image and to sell other services available.
3. To liaise with your manager in connection with monitoring the management of your portfolio to include:
• Providing information to maintain database information relating to your clients.
4. To help (if requested) the manager or directors collect debts from clients and to be aware of the status of outstanding debts.
• 120 UCAS points (300 using the old tariff) or equivalent from 3 A levels (Excluding General Studies and resits)
• Excellent GCSE results with a minimum of a Level 5/ B grade in GCSE Maths and English.
• Level 7 / A grade obtained in GCSE Maths or equivalent IT Skills.
• MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) Behaviours.
Personal qualities desired:
• Excellent interpersonal skills in order to interact professionally with internal and external clients.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Able to prioritise workload and be self sufficient.
• Ability to multi-task.
• Evidence of problem solving skills.
Included in qualification:
After your Accounting apprenticeship progress into a full-time role as Junior Finance Assistant, Assistant Accountant, Bookkeeping Assistant, Junior Tax Consultant or Audit Assistant. You can also complete the ACCA qualification into Chartered Accountancy