Why you would want this role?
Performance Materials and Technologies is a high-performing, global business with an array of technologies that are changing the world for the better. We develop and manufacture advanced materials and process technologies used in a wide range of industries and applications, from petroleum refining to environmentally-friendlier refrigerants to bullet-resistant vests. Our advanced materials are critical in the manufacture of products ranging from nylon to computer chips to pharmaceutical packaging.
What are we looking for?
An excellent career opportunity is currently available for a Technical Support Specialist in the Performance Materials and Technologies, Fluorine Products business. Under the direction of the Global Technical Support Manager the Technical Support Specialist will be responsible for delivering superior customer satisfaction with the HPS Technical Support; response, communication, and resolution of cases by working closely within a Global team.
The TSS will support the full portfolio of Hon Experion control system products. Including supporting, trouble shooting & fault-finding, depending on receipt of their global customers, ranging from Chemicals, Pharma and Life Sciences etc.
What you will be doing?
- You will work within a team of dedicated global technical resources focused on delivering excellence customer satisfaction for the designated system areas.
- You will ensure that each customer’s experience meets the high standard of HPS Technical Support professional, best in class results:
- You will make sure that each customer has a technical engagement within our published target response and resolution times and ensure that we correctly understand and accurately triage and document every case prior to investigation phase.
- You will correctly classify and prioritise the cases daily and hand it to the most appropriate resource / function within the global organization.
- You will share timely communication and status updates with customers on the progress of their case until the case is handed over to SME in TS.
- You will actively use drive compliant usage of the Knowledge Centered Support (KCS) within the team to resolve and document cases.
- You will engage in the creation of new articles as well as updating existing articles for all cases.
- You will actively share knowledge articles with customers, HPS service and project engineers (wiki, recorded webinars, YouTube, monthly sessions, knowledge sharing mails, forums, etc.)
- You will help improve the case handling process by sharing Data Collection Guidelines, Audit Documents and other tools.
- You will be working within Communities of Practice to gather and document knowledge.
- You will actively engage in product readiness from a Technical Support perspective (NPI readiness with triage documents, product trainings, service tools, software access, RQUP)
- You will collaborate across the HPS Technical Support Organization to manage support requests and assign cases correctly to available SME’s.
- A degree in (not limited too) Measurement & Control or Computer Science, or extensive experience in a similar role.
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills, verbal and written.
- Motivated by a desire to contribute, be challenged and grow.
- Able to influence collaboration and alignment across functions/business groups to implement and motivate change.
- Customer oriented: understands & addresses (internal & external) customer needs and concerns, strong customer advocate.
- Analytical thinking and decisive.
- Have a drive for results and to make things happen, be proactive.
- Balance analysis with actions, set high standards for oneself as well team members, and commit to organizational goals.
- Good networking and teamwork skills, collaborates with team members in own unit and across boundaries; acknowledges others' contributions.
- Expected travel 10%
- Strong communication ability, both written and orally.
- Degree qualified, or MSc
- Knowledge of Honeywell products
- Exposure to industrial control systems desirable
- Knowledge of industrial segments: Petrochemical
- Additional languages a bonus: European
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.