Title: Project Technical Support
Division/Function: UK&E, Defence
Location: UK Defence Academy, Swindon
Salary: £16,000 - £22,000 per annum plus benefits
Serco is contracted to provide Total Facilities Management to the Defence Academy of the UK (DA). This prestigious establishment is responsible for post-graduate education and the majority of the command, staff, leadership, Defence management, acquisition and technology training for members of the UK Armed Forces and MOD Civil Servants. Serco supports the DA as the MOD's primary link with UK universities and international military educational institutions.
As the project technical support you are responsible for supporting the Estates team to facilitate the delivery of projects to ensure Serco meets its contractual requirements, on time, on budget to an auditable standard.
- Reception duties to include, booking in visitors to site, ensuring visitors sign in and out of the department correctly, issuing of keys to contractors, updating of reception notice boards and notifying CCO of contractors visits.
- Operation and administration of CAFM for the project team including contractor liaison during defect period.
- Closing down completed and CAFM work orders
- Monitoring of target dates for work orders to prevent the potential risk of breaching SLAs
- Managing contracts to be delivered to Hook
- Complete any admin task for the project team including plotting, printing, filing, O&M checks, etc
- Attending meeting, providing agenda and minutes to support the project team
- Updates to SV, ARCS etc incl chasing project team members
- Issue and chasing RFI’s, DRS and other information to customers at the request of the project team
- Compiling energy management report
- Diary management of the project team including sending invitation out to all stakeholders
- Co-ordinate team tasks
- Completing day to day tasks of the project team such as DWN’s, etc.
- Support project team and other estate items as required
- Updating team documents e.g. team training logs
- Raising SO to local MTC
- Maintaining adequate stationery levels and re-ordering as required.
- Ensure reception is well maintained, tidy and professional looking.
- Administration of works process in compliance with Estates procedures
- Assist all Estates departmental staff to undertake all required admin tasks.
- Take a pro-active role within the Department to liaise with your colleagues and customers and be fully conversant with your workload.
- Typing, Word Processing, Filing, Photocopying, Scanning and transmission of faxes.
- Production, amendment and maintenance of any assigned spreadsheets and databases.
- Recording, distribution and despatch of mail.
- Creation, review and update of any assigned work instructions relevant to your role.
- Liaison with the Service Desk and customer end user at all levels on business matters
- To provide cover/support/shadowing for other posts as and when required
Essential technical and professional skills:
- Good level of general education, preferably with GCSE’s (A-C) or equivalent in English and Maths
- Ability to communicate at all levels, using a variety of communication methods (spoken, written, behaviour)
- Ability to work in a team environment or individually
- Ability to proactively manage own workload
- Proven organisational skills
- Proven problem-solving skills
Additional / Special features of the role:
- It is a condition of employment that all employees undertake any task, within any department or area, that they are directed to perform which is relevant to the company’s task at the Defence Academy (Shrivenham), and is within the competence and ability of the employee.
- This job specification is subject to change in light of contract experience.
- Serco work on a variety of projects at the DA, including but not limited to Service Variation, ARCS, CRF’s, JVE’s, Capital and minor works including AMP. In your role you will be expected to work on any project that is generated at the DA.